Friday, August 1, 2008

Updates.....

Okay, since I've been absent for a while now I shall randomly update new things, new happenings and new farts I went through these couple of weeks.....

No. 1: Nokia E71
It's been so fcking long since I wanted to change my mobile phone but there're obstacles which prevented me to do so...... either no suitable models or desired models too expensive or worst case; no money wtf! You can see it from my post here and then can see me cry over it here because I was not able to afford it.. so cham wtf. Lucky for me, my parents agreed to sponsor some money to purchase a new phone due to my final year results....... hardwork finally paid off *tears of joy wtf*. Although I had sponsors now, I still couldn't afford the HTC TytnII.... but I also didn't really yearn for it already...maybe outdated haha. So I started looking for new models which fit my requirements..... no need good camera.... no need good music player...... need good document reader.... need good calender.... need GPS dammit.... need good internet browser.... need wifi...... need to be stylish wtf........ need to have qwerty keyboard......... cannot cost more than Rm2k...... so as I was looking through the websites.... I spotted this E71.... so slim (only 10 mm wide fck!!) ..... fitted all my criterias...... below my budget somemore (Rm1.8k)............. only problem is that...... I told myself before not to get a symbian OS phone anymore.... wanted to try windows mobile for a change. But this beauty was just too much........... It was definately love at first sight........ and my love for it gets stronger day by day..... oh Nokia E71........... a definite recommendation to everyone! I dare say it's my best handphone purchase so far..... I also reckon it to be Nokia's best business mobile phone to date!



No. 2: Jogoya
Everyone knows Jogoya is very pricey... approximately RM110 per person........ everyone also know that the food there is famous for its quality....... I also know.... but I never get to try it before...... so it was adikku, Ryan's bday..... abangku, Adrian's farewell to Abu Dhabi and my 1st Class Honours result celebration..... 3-in-1 reason..... parents got nothing to say... nothing to object.... muahaha!!!! But sad to say, most of the food there were seafood.... either oysters or crabs or prawns or cod fish....... which I don't eat....... The ones I ate were sushi, sizzling beef, straw mushrooms and Japanese soup thingie. Definitely cannot make up the Rm110 spent. So I made it up by eating the desserts!! Was pleased to see Haagan Daz... Mochi..... cakes... cookies...... a dream come true for my sweet tooth........ a nightmare for my flabby belly..... blob blob... blob blob!!!

-coconut-

-mochi-

-Chinese longan dessert-


-Sizzling beef-

-Ginseng Chicken Soup-

-Cheese Baked Crab-

-Green Tea Haagan Daz & Jelly-

No. 3: Dark Knight & X-Files

Went to watch Dark Knight with L at Cineplex, Cineleisure. I was never a Batman fan..... always thought that he shouldn't be considered a superhero since he doesn't have superpowers.... only brains with a bodyhugging suit, a cool car and a colourful assistant. But everyone was hoo haa'ing about this movie... plus with Heath Ledger passing away not too long ago, it was one of the most anticipated movies of the year. I WAS IMPRESSED!!!!! Not by Batman, Not by Christian Bale, but by Joker......... Heath Ledger was superb in this movie and I sincerely respect him as an actor!!!! Was he this good in Brokeback Mountain??? if so then maybe I'll get the dvd and watch it...... Dark Knight is definitely the best movie I watched this year. It was nice to finally see a superhero movie with a real dark/evil side in the villain... unlike Magneto or other bad guys in Ironman or The Hulk. The focus should be on Joker; Joker: Dark Knight.... and not Batman: Dark Knight......... Heath..... why did you have to go?????

I also went to watch the "X-Files: I want to believe" with the P&G peeps. I'm really glad that we still keep in touch after the business challenge!!! Was expecting more but I'm quite dissapointed. When I think of X Files I imagine alien abduction..... I imagine paranormal events..... I imagine supernatural powers unleashed..... but noooo........ in this movie Agent Scully and Mulder was to investigate on missing people. How they went missing? It's because some Russian dude kidnapped them and stole their body via head transplant for his male partner (who had cancer) super wtf! What's so X-Files about it.... probably because of this psychic priest who had visions of the victims, leading the investigators there..... bleh..... Boo to the title as I did not believe and I was not impressed........... so typical...... I hope the X-Files cult groupies aren't disappointed... hehehe...


No. 4: P.S I Love You

hehe... I know..... very outdated for reading it now when it was out so long ago...... I know.... quite embarrassing for a guy to read a lovey-dovey book....... but still...... I really liked it! So sue me =P! I for one never liked reading because I'm a slow reader and it takes me ages to finish a simple book... but I was too bored recently and I have all the time in the world for this book. It was supposed to be emo'ishly' good so I decided to give it a try. The first part was quite dramatic.... husband die..... wanna get over him... cry cry cry....... then middle part also about the same.... but less crying and more distractions (new job la.... karaoke la...go for holiday la.. etc) ....... last part finally got over the crying and moving on with life.... sounds simple but the book was like a movie to me.... always tend to picture it like a motion picture while reading and it was fun!! Some part also quite funny.... I really don't know if my parents heard me giggling like mad alone in the room late at night or not..... but the thought of Gerry (the dude that died) preparing monthly notes and messages for his wife after his death was really sweet..... sometimes I felt it was too accurate that it defeats logic..... then again it is fiction ma..... so can la.... One weird thing is that I keep picturing Richard (Holly's elder bro) to be Brad Garrett (Raymond's elder bro in Everybody Loves Raymond).... don't know why... the character is not a funny person but I keep picturing him during my mental movie wtf! I think I'm gonna watch the movie to see who played Richard..... Another thing I cannot imagine is Gerard Butler playing Gerry......... oh did I mention he was the lead in the movie 300??...............

"P.S I Love You SPARTAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

2 comments:

churekie said...

darn u shaun, i wanna get a e71 also!!! lol, how much u got it?

Shaun said...

Wahahaha.... RM1.8k only la!! Faster go buy buy buy!